August 11th! We’re here, baby.
It’s all going down today from 6PM until Midnight at Steam Whistle Brewery (map). Right at the base of the CN Tower, the brewery is an amazing property with a great atmosphere. If you’ve visited, you know what I’m talking about, and if you’ve never been you will be pleasantly surprised.
**RAIN OR SHINE** Although we intend to be outside, if the rain creeps in on The Big Smoke, we’ll rock the Steam Whistle Brewery hall. She’s a beauty.
Massive Catering has come through with a great menu for this year. Come hungry! 6 tasty options to choose from:
Massive Beef Sliders
Buttery Rice & Peas
Southwestern Potato Salad
Massive Garden Salad
You know we’ve got you covered on the music tip! Some of my favourite DJs from around the city and the dopest band to come out of the city in recent memory. Here’s what the schedule looks like (musical style in brackets):
6:00pm – Lucie Tic (Slowed Sounds)
6:30pm – DJ Mastermind (Classic Hip-Hop)
7:00pm – Paul E Lopes (80′s Boogie & Funk)
7:30pm – DJ John Farrugia (Medium-Rare Reggae)
8:00pm – Wristpect (Motown/Rock/R&B) and Wing Eating Contest
8:30pm – Tom Wrecks & DJ Drastik are THUGLI (Trap/Post-Trap)
9:00pm – Skratch Bastid (Soul Sisters Stew/Nova Scotia Donairs)
9:45pm – BADBADNOTGOOD
10:30pm – DJ P-Plus (Soulful House/UK Funky House/Breaks)
11:00pm – Deejay Ariel ((Summer Musics/West Coast Jammies)
11:30pm – OPEN DECKS (until the plug gets pulled)
Wing Eating Contest
At 8PM we will be holding a Wing Eating Contest. Think you’ve got what it takes? Here are the rules:
1. Each competitor will start with exactly two (2) pounds of chicken wings covered with Hurricane Grill & Wings Sauce.
2. The contest will last exactly two (2) minutes.
3. Once the contest starts, the competitors will consume their allotted wings and place the eaten chicken wing bone back into the wing receptacle.
4. If a competitor finishes their allotted two (2) pounds of wings before the contest is complete, they will be given an additional one (1) pound of wings to consume.
5. Once the contest is complete, each competitor’s wing receptacle will be taken to be weighed by the Executive Judge.
6. The winner will be determined by the total weight of wing meat eaten, measured by an official contest scale in pounds and ounces by the Executive Judge.
7. In the event of a tie between competitors, there will be a 60 second “run off” to determine the winner.
Tickets at the door will be $20. You can still purchase advance tickets online before doors open over at the Bastid’s BBQ page, or over at Play De Record. You’ve still got a chance today to win tickets on Twitter to not only the BBQ but also the upcoming A$AP Rocky x Danny Brown show. Get over there now.
Can’t wait to hang with y’all. See you later!